Love French Toast Casserole, but don’t time to let it sit overnight? Not to worry, with this Instant PotFrench Toast will be ready in no time!
Note – this may look like different pictures than what got you here. We were finding that readers
were having issues with the recipe so we totally reworked it! Please give us your feedback in the comments. We welcome constructive comments that will help us serve you better!
Instant Pot French Toast Recipe
You may have made a cinnamon roll french toast casserole or french toast bake, but those can take a long time to make. With the instant pot craze going on, we thought we would try to shorten the preparation time needed for traditional french toast bakes! We love our instant pot and use it for dinners all the time. We have even used it for dessert with our Instant Pot Monkey Bread. The ease and quickness of it are perfect for our busy lifestyle.
I honestly had no idea that you could even make french toast in the instant pot! But it is really easy!Feel free to add in some fun additions like pecans, walnuts or chocolate chips! They are all great.
This will make the perfect dish for your Christmas Morning Brunch! Looking for some other great Christmas Morning Recipes? We have tons!!
DescriptionYou may have made a cinnamon roll french toast casserole or french toast bake, but those can take a long time to make. With the instant pot craze going on, we thought we would try to shorten the preparation time needed for traditional french.
- Cut the loaf into bite-size pieces and let it dry overnight on a cookie sheet or pan.You can use parchment paper in the bottom too for easy release. (you can use the special pan made for IP too if you have it).
- Spray the bottom and sides of your dish with nonstick baking spray.
- Whisk the eggs and then add the milk, vanilla, sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Add the dried bread pieces. Let them soak for about 10 minutes. Stirring occasionally to make sure every piece of bread gets into the milk mixture.
- Dump the mixture into your prepared dish. Cover the dish really well with foil.I put a piece over the top and then also placed the dish on a piece of foil and brought the edges up around it. (This helps seal out the moisture while it is steaming).
- Place your trivet that came with the Instant Pot in the bottom of the pot and pour 1 cup of water into the pot. Place your baking dish on top of the trivet. Place the lid on the instant pot and make sure the vent is turned to “seal”.
- Set manual and pressure to high for 40 minutes.
- When the timer goes off cover the vent with a towel and quick release the steam.
- Remove the dish carefully as it will be hot and remove the foil from the dish draining.Top with powdered sugar, cinnamon, homemade candied pecans, and whipped cream to make it extra yummy!
Serving Size 5
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 730kcal
- Calories from Fat 250kcal
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 27g42%
- Saturated Fat 9g45%
- Cholesterol 195mg65%
- Sodium 730mg31%
- Total Carbohydrate 19g7%
- Dietary Fiber 5g20%
- Sugars 10g
- Protein 97g194%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- Cook this recipe at low heat.
- Use fresh ingredients for better taste
- After cooking, wait for at least 15 minutes for better taste